Classes & Lessons start October 1 – register now!
Online catalog of lessons & classes (We are in PP&R’s Arts & Culture Guide)
Free and low-cost concerts throughout the year. Online calendar.
Drop-in Practice Rooms for the Public.
Join our email list to get news on concerts, workshops, free & discount ticket offers, etc.
Donate to our non-profit that raises money year-round to fund need-based scholarships for music students.
About the Community Music Center, Inc.
Non-profit partner at the Community Music Center, CMC Inc. is an all-volunteer organization that raises money year-round to increase access to music education through scholarships and tuition subsidy, instrument rentals to students, free or low-cost concerts, and more.
CMC Inc. was founded in 1960 by a group of parents and interested citizens to help maintain the Center as a City facility, providing scholarship assistance and tuition subsidy through year-round fundraising. Today, through it's Board of Directors, CMC Inc. continues to provide the vital financial and leadership support required to ensure the continuation of this Portland Parks & Recreation program.
Help CMC Remain Vital - Donate!
Since class fees do not cover all costs, CMC relies on donations from individuals and organizations to fulfill its mission. You can help CMC with your tax-deductible* donation through one of these options
- Mail a generous donation to CMC’s Annual Fund. Gifts of any amount are gratefully received.
- Give to the Award and Scholarship Fund. Stipulate this fund on your check that you mail to CMC.
- Contact the CMC Director about Endowment, Event Sponsorship, or Planned Giving.
- Ask if your employer has any matching programs. Hundreds of companies match their employee charitable contributions dollar-for-dollar.
- Donations of instruments and sheet music are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
* CMC, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization
Students from households with low income, multiple registrants at CMC, or other income-related situations are encouraged to apply for need-based scholarships at the CMC office. Scholarship funds are made possible by fundraising events, and generous donations from individuals and businesses made to CMC, Inc.
The drop-in practice policy has been updated as of November 1, 2015. See the PP&R website for CMC for more details on CMC's facilities.